Sunday 6 February 2011

Who's the new guy in the Inn

Good Day, fellow travellers!

My name is Lacrimos Dabatenus, a Thyation by birth, but now I seek my fortune in Karameikos. I am a Blacksmith by trade, but it seems I have left that behind in Kerendas with my family and friends.

If you could tell me of any work hereabouts I would be grateful; I am skilled in metalwork, as I mentioned, but I am also skilled in the use of what I make and I am not afraid of confrontation.

I will be in the corner with some food and wine if you need me.

Salve!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, now that we have travelled for a while together you'll know the following:

    Human Fighter
    6'1" 198lbs (and still growing)
    18 years old


    Lacrimos is a strong, athletic-looking young guy with blond hair, blue eyes and a rather serious disposition.

    He wears his hair tied back and shoved into a metal helm with leather neck and cheek protection.

    Under his travelling cloak you can make out the metal plates and chain more commonly known as banded mail armour.

    In conversation he will be happy to point out the virtues of the small changes he has made to sword (improved blood groove)and helm (better brow protection but with improved visibility) and from this you come to the conclusion that these are his own work.

    He carries a shield slung over his back and a Longsword hangs from his sword belt. His travelling gear is shoved into a sorry-looking backpack but you'll probably notice that his valuables are stored more safely in a robust belt-pouch secured by chain to his belt.

    Lacrimos is strong and tough (and only the best is good enough?) from several years working in a smithy, learning his craft. He has experienced combat but not in any great measure, and so while he is fairly skilled in the use of his sword, he is looking forward to testing this in more challenging circumstances.

    Lacrimos follows no gods, but believes in the power inherent in all things - like the potential of iron, dug from the earth, to be crafted into something that can both enhance life and also take it away.

    ReplyDelete