Saturday 7 January 2012

January is ... Vikings

Figures: Baccus 6mm
Rules: Impetus

My target for this month is a 200 point Viking army. This consists of:
  • 2 Guard Huskarls
  • 5 Huskarls
  • 2 Skirmish Archers
  • 2 Skirmish Javelinmen
  • Casualty markers

I had a bit of time free at the end of last week and also this morning so I was able to paint the Guard Huskarls, the Archers and the Javelinmen. I also painted a bunch of casualty markers. It's amazing how quickly you can paint 6mm figures if you just sit down and focus on painting. The figures are now glued to their bases and awaiting varnishing. The remaining Huskarls and some more casualties are sitting on the painting desk awaiting my tender attentions. Pictures will follow when the army is finished.

For the record, I still have a bunch of unpainted Vikings that are not allocated to the army yet. This pile consists of:
  • 2 Veteran Huskarls
  • 3 Huskarls
  • 12 Hird (as the lesser Vikings are called in Impetus)
If my progress on painting continues at the current pace without distracting from my PhD then I shall add some of these to the painting desk and aim for a 300 point army. Looking at the pile of figures, I reckon I can field about 450 points of figures. I would like some more of the axemen to use as Veteran Huskarls and maybe some more ordinary Huskarls so that I can field a full 500 point army with some options for variety, but that will have to wait until the current batch of figures has been used a few times and I have painted their opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment