"Look," said the President, "It had one careful lady owner and she only took it shopping on Saturdays. It's almost as good as new. Sure there's this small hole here in the helmet but we have patched that up with parcel tape. Apparently her dog chewed the helmet one day when she left it out."
Next up, the President models a suit of Power Armour with this year's must-have accessory, the plasma gun.
And finally, the President proudly parades an Imperial Power Armour suit with twin laser rifles and a grenade launcher mounted on the right arm, and twin hand flamers on the left. Just the thing for those country shooting weekends.
In other news, we are pleased to report that the Bwendi army has seen some new recruitment. In addition to the new Scout troops we reported on recently, the President has released funds for a new squad of Knights and a Men-at-Arms heavy weapons squad. Those Frogless Albion Defence Force types won't know what hit them!
Thanks to the offices of Honest Throckwoddle Gladiolus, the Bwendi army has also acquired two mortars. Throckwoddle is working hard to source some ammunition for them so that the army can train up crews.
And finally, the President paraded the army before their barracks this morning as part of this publicity drive. Captain Pangloss of the Levy was heard to remark upon seeing our brave soldiers, "This is surely the best of all possible armies."
The Bwendi Army for Imperial Commander
The Bwendi Army is organised similarly to the Imperial army in Imperial Commander. The elite of the army are the Knights, who form the President's personal bodyguard. A maximum of two squads of Knights may be fielded. If the President is leading the army personally then he and the Knights may be carried in the army's Scythe Class Squad Jetcopter.
The Men-at-Arms are the backbone of the army. They are grouped in squads of five men with one command squad, 3 combat squads and one support squad forming a platoon. They are often carried into batte in the army's Glaive class APCs. Usually two squads will share one APC, because there is a shortage of APCs in the army at the moment. Throckwoddle is trying to source some new ones.
The Scout Troops are a new force in the army. Their mission is to seek out the enemy and report their locations back. There are two types of scout unit in the army. The Combat Scouts are very heavily armed and are expected to engage and hold the enemy while the rest of the army catches up. The Recon Scouts are intended to locate the enemy and then call in artillery on the enemy positions. Once the army gets some ammunition for the mortars, they will be able to do this. In the meantime, they have grenade launchers and the army's only grav vehicle, an obsolete Imperial Scout Car. Both types of scout function as individual squads.
The Levy are usually only called out for home defence duties. Their equipment is variable, although most have an SMG or an assault rifle. They are grouped into squads with similar weapons and have one or two support weapons assigned to each squad. Levy squads can be as large as twelve men if the call-up is sufficiently well heeded.
President Throckmorton P. Gladiolus (pick one option)
- Vet, AI, Jumpack, Bolt Pistol, Force Sword, Holtzmann Shield, Hero, Leader, 49 points
- Vet, PA, Jumpack, Holtzmann Shield, Plasma Gun, Autoranger, Power Glove,Hero, Leader, 73 points
- Vet, PA, Jumpack, Holtzmann Shield, Right Arm Pack (Autoranger, 2 Laser Rifles, 1 Grenade Launcher, Power Glove), Left Arm Pack (2 Hand Flamers), Hero, Leader, 77 points
- Vet, DA, Jumpack, Holtzmann Shield, Right Arm Pack (Autoranger, 2 Hvy Bolters, Power Glove), Left Arm Pack (Hvy Laser), Back (3 Imperial DA Grenade Launchers), Hero, Leader, 95 points
- 5 figures, Elite, AI, Jumpack, Autoranger, Advanced Grenade Pack, 4 Bolt Rifles, 1 Heavy Bolter, all with Force Sword, 127 points
- Scythe Class Squad Jetcopter, Transport Jetcopter to carry up to 12 people, Autoranger, Twin FF Missile Launcher, 65 points
- Command Squad: 5 figures, Reg, AI, Jumpack, Autoranger, Advanced Grenade Pack, 1 Leader with Bolt Pistol and Force Sword, 3 Bolt Rifles, 1 Heavy Bolter, 116 points
- Combat Squad: 5 figures, Reg, AI, Jumpack, Autoranger, Advanced Grenade Pack, 4 Bolt Rifles, 1 Heavy Bolter, 107 points
- Support Squad: 5 figures, Reg, AI, Jumpack, Autoranger, 1 Leader with Bolt Pistol and Force Sword, 2 Support Bolters, 2 Conversion Beamers, 133 points
- Transport: Tracked APC to carry up to 10 people, Two Roboturrets mounting 2 Heavy Lasers each, 77 points
- 6 figures, Reg, LI, Scout Jumpack, Laser Pistol, Force Sword, Heavy Bolter, Advanced Grenade Pack, 1 Leader, 146 points
- Glaive APC, Wheeled APC to carry up to 10 people, Two Roboturrets mounting 2 Heavy Lasers each, 77 points
- 2 figures, Reg, LI, Scout Jumpack, Laser Pistol, Force Sword, Grenade Launcher, Advanced Grenade Pack, 1 Support Autoranger, 1 Leader, 56 points
- Imperial Scout Car, Grav Scout Car, FF Support Bolter, 30 points
- Con, LI, Laser Pistol, Force Sword, Leader, 16 points each
- Con, LI, Basic Grenade Pack, SMG, 10 points each
- Con, LI, Basic Grenade Pack, Assault Rifle, 12 points each
- Con, LI, Basic Grenade Pack, HMG, 13 points each
- Con, LI, Advanced Grenade Pack, Missile Launcher, 13 points each