Thursday 23 June 2011

Day 1 Vatresh- Miroslav

My initial feelings on re-entering the ancestral Traladian city of Vatresh were not admittedly good. Having to hand over my weapons to some city guard is a sorry situation and demonstrative of the yoke that the Thyatians have over my people. Our backs are so bent to these people that we think nothing of these oppressive laws that lessen our rights to protect ourselves and make us reliant on foreign laws and customs rather than our own metal. But such are the days that we live in and so the gods have decreed we must live- we must have offended them deeply at some point in our past! Ha!

Despite this I was grateful for the inn, good food and the comfy bed to rest my head on. Sadly I was too weary to find the company of a soft woman and beauty of the Traladians to share it with!

Come the next morn I was eager to take care of some affairs and so bind farewell to my companions, who also had their own chores that day. I went to the local bath house and took the time for a good cleaning and relaxing. These are the areas the local business class does their business and I hope to make some contacts there. I was fortunate enough to make the aquaintance of a small group of such men- Boris Borisov and his son Boris, Bardus Tadmor and some foreigner Clifton Caldwell. I seemed to have made a good impression as they invited me to dine with them later tonight at the Grey Unicorn. Tadmor was a Thyladian timber merchant and seemed a good enough man. Caldwell was new to the area but obviously a man of means and a possible good contact to have as he has contacts from outside the area and thus access to rare or unusual goods. It offended me that he had bought up some manor house/castle in the area, probably one of the old Traladarian nobles buildings fallen into disrepair through heavy taxes or stolen from it's rightful owners. I held my tongue however and took it as a further example of the need to build a fortune as this is what gives a man power with these dogs not the true character of a man or strength. Still they were good company and decent men. Caldwell offered the group a job clearing this castle, which I said that I would consider and ask my companions.

Following this meeting and with promises to meet up to dine in the evening I retired to see if I could get this blue liquid we had aquired in the Tor looked at and identified. I went to see one Kasmira Milosava as she had a good Traladian name. However I was not impressed by the lack lustre way of her household or the prices she wanted for identifying- 100 Royals seems a tremendous amount for an item given that the money Caldwell had offered to clear his castle was 100 Royals! Quite possibly this would even go over the value of the liquid itself! Either she clearly does not want the business or Caldwell is underchanging for his job. I shall make further enquiries around Vartesh in the meantime for now however I prepare myself to dine this evening, putting on my finest clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment